The world was struck by Coronavirus (COVID-19) at the start of 2020, resulting in a global pandemic.
To keep themselves safe from the virus, people began to become more conscious of cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
Wearing a mask and having hand sanitiser on hand is now a new Norm, especially when people go outside.
Personal cars are one area that we ignore mostly. Many individuals get into their cars, take off their masks, and drive home without first sanitizing their hands.
Individuals are in danger of taking COVID-19 into the vehicle via touchpoint transmission, where it can persist on surfaces for days if not properly cleaned.
And due to the ignorance of this, individuals are at risk of actually bringing coronavirus into the car and home by touching the possible affected surfaces where it can survive for 2-3 days.
Follow the procedures to save yourself and your family from contracting with COVID-19 virus.
High Touchpoint Surfaces
- Interior & Exterior Door handles
- Car Keys
- Steering Wheel
- Glove Box
- Infotainment control buttons or touchscreen
- Door Frame
- Sun Visors
- Seat Adjuster
- Seatbelts and buckle
- Rearview & side view mirrors
- Heating, air conditioning, & ventilation buttons
- Tailights & headlights knobs
- Window buttons or lever
- Fuel Cap
Process of Disinfecting the Car Surfaces
Use the Correct Disinfecting Agent
What You Can Use For Cleaning Your Car
- Isopropyl Alcohol (70% Alcohol)
- Microfiber cloth (for cleaning and drying both)
- Soap & Water
What You Cannot Use for Cleaning Your Car during Covid-19
Even though these cleaning agents can kill the virus, they can harm the upholstery, plastic, and other interior surfaces.
- Ammonia Based Products
Step 1: Wear PPE
When cleaning in non-healthcare environments, the government recommends wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) like gloves, mask, and apron. In addition, if there has been a confirmed or suspected coronavirus case in your vehicle, you must take precautions before driving.
Step 2: Vacuum to Clean the Dirt
Take out the floor mats and vacuum the dirt off the cloth seats and the car interior. Vacuum the carpet area, under-seat portions, bottle/cup holders, glove box, and other storage areas thoroughly. Vacuuming the dust before utilising liquids to cleaning your car during Covid-19 can save you a lot of effort.
Step 3: Start Disinfecting
- In a bucket, combine water and soap.
- Wipe down the exterior of your car with a microfiber towel dipped in the soapy solution.
- After wiping out the door handles, boot lid, windows, doors, back mirrors, and windscreen, wipe them down again with a damp towel for a cleaner result.
- Use isopropyl solution (or hand sanitiser) to clean the interior of your car. If you have leather interiors (seats especially), use soap and water instead of isopropyl alcohol. Isopropyl alcohol can destroy the leather.
- To avoid scratches, don’t scrub too vigorously and use a microfiber cloth if possible. Also, avoid putting too much water (or liquid solution) in your car, especially near electronics.
- Soak the floor mats into soap & water solution and dry them out.
Step 4: Don’t Forget the Detailings
Give some extra time cleaning buttons, knobs, cup holders, seatbelts & clips, steering wheel, and especially AC vents.
For crevices, textured areas and grooves, you can use an old toothbrush or slimes.
Step 5: Dry Out the Interior
Allow 5 to 10 minutes for the liquid solution to dry. Then, to be efficient at killing viruses and germs, the surface should be soaked with cleaner for several minutes. Or, if you are in a hurry, use a dry microfiber cloth to dry out the interior.
Why Use Soap & Water for Leather?
If your vehicle has a leather interior, it most likely has a thin layer of urethane covering to keep it from discolouring. Isopropyl alcohol will degrade that layer, possibly removing the dye from your leather seats and other components. Cleaning your leather steering wheel, dashboard, and seats using a solution of water and soap is the best method. After that, use a leather conditioner to assist the leather to retain its moisture, strength, durability, and obviously the look.
No time for Detailed Cleaning?
If you don’t find the time to clean your car in detail, then follow these simple steps:
- Use wet tissues and pour some hand sanitiser into it.
- Clean the door handles, ignition button or keys, gear stick, window buttons or lever, mirrors, steering wheel, and every area where you touched after getting in your car.
- You can deep clean the car once a week to make sure proper disinfection!
You don’t have to disinfect the entire vehicle each time; instead, concentrate on the areas we’ve indicated. Always carry a hand sanitiser & mask in your car so that everyone entering or exiting can use it to ensure their hands are clean after they enter and exit.
What to do if you come into contact with an infected passenger in your vehicle?
If you learn that one of your passengers has been contaminated from COVID-19, the first thing you should do is get yourself checked.
If the test comes negative, the next step is to get your car washed and sanitised.
To keep you safe and prevent the transmission of the virus, it’s just as vital to disinfect your car as it is to disinfect your hands. It’s important to remember that cleaning doesn’t always imply disinfection, so you’ll need to clean first and then disinfect.
Individuals can reduce their chance of getting the virus by wearing a mask, cleaning, handwashing properly, and exercising social distancing, especially in crowded locations and should also be practised in a vehicle.
It is best to ride alone or walk to the places near to your house.
If you are looking for a cash for cars services to sell your car quickly, Adrians Metal Recyclers provide the best cars for cash QLD services.
We are car wreckers QLD who will buy you disinfected, broken, old or new, beaten up, damaged or unwanted car and pay you top dollars on the spot. No matter the vehicle make and model, you will receive hard cash for your disinfected car! Adrians Metal Recyclers follow all the necessary social distancing protocols to make sure the safe car selling process.